Sunday, March 24, 2013

365 Days Of Wine and Food, Sounds just like my kind of thing!



Today I thought I'd write a quick blog to give everyone a bit of a heads up on some cool things going on in Adelaide.

The South Australian Wine Industry Association and the South Australian Government have launched a new initiative called 365 Days of Wine and Food. The idea is that there is a food and wine event on every day of the year. To help promote these events they have created an iPhone and Android app available to be downloaded for free via your mobiles app store.

You can browse day by day to see what events are going on. You can even add events that you would like to go to on a planner.

It's at this point I would like to say that in no way or form am I associated with this event or app at all. I just think its a brilliant idea and a great way to showcase the food and wine culture in Adelaide.

Friday night I wondered down to a free tasting they held on Leigh St in the CBD. It was great to see so many winery's big and small attending. It was also great to see despite the weather the amount of people that turned out. I tasted at Elderton Wines of the Barossa, Pennalane from the Clare Valley, Oliver's Taranga and Beach Rd Wines from McLaren Vale. For me the highlight was Beach Rd, they are doing some really different things and its good to see. The Greco and Nero D'Avola is a must try for the serious wine lover!

So download the app like the Facebook page and get along to a few events I know I will.

P.S. This works even better if you keep an open mind, go somewhere you haven't, try something you haven't heard of. You never know you might find a new favorite!

For now Ciao,

B


365 Days of Food and Wine Facebook Link



No comments:

Post a Comment